Improving your business-sharpen your tools with the Venture Center
Do you own a small business and need help but don’t know where to turn? Are you wondering why the small business reality you’re living is so far removed from the dream you had when you launched your small business? Do you need to increase sales and profits? Do you want to spend less time working in your small business?
The Fox Valley Technical College Venture Center will help you sustain and grow your small business or entrepreneurial firm!
The FVTC Venture Center is a business solutions and training provider centered around entrepreneurial studies, customized, cost-effective, non-credit training for small business owners, companies, employees and residences within Appleton and the surrounding areas. We do this with a diverse team of experienced professionals, hands-on industry specific experts and world class educators. This is blended with FVTC and Venture Center’s vision and technology to provide innovative solutions for target market small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Whether you want seminars & workshops, one-on-one small business coaching, need to develop a business plan with E-Seed or E-Seed Express or small business assistance with Pro-Seed, the FVTC Venture Center can help you solve your small business problems.
Start your training here -"Explore Starting A Small Business" seminars
- Are you operating a small business and need help?
- Do you have a great idea for a small business and want to talk with someone about it?
- Did you launch your home-based business and now you need a plan?
- Do you know what kind of business you want to start but don’t know what to do first?
- Do you need to generate more cash flow in your small business?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, the Fox Valley Technical College Venture Center’s FREE, Explore Starting A Small Business, workshop is just what you need, just when you need it. You’ll learn about the 3 critical things you MUST do to launch and sustain a business; whether you want a small, part-time, home-based business, a micro-business with 5 employees or less, a main street small business or an entrepreneurial firm with hundreds of employees. Successful, local, entrepreneurs, small business owners and home-based, solopreneurs share their insight. Plus, you’ll get a chance to meet more people, like yourself, during the networking break. Leave this energizing, uplifting workshop knowing how the FVTCVenture Center can help you build the business of your future from idea, to launch, to sustainability.
Hey, small business owners that need to develop management and planning tools for your small business, this newest offering is designed JUST for you. Small business owners and entrepreneurs who are operating and need to develop a business plan for your small business, E-Seed Express is JUST what you need. Small business owners that want to build a sustainable small business, enroll in this experience today.
In just 8 weeks, you'll put together a business plan that provides you with a roadmap for guiding and growing a small business. Participants develop a business plan through completion of weekly worksheets and exercises. Experts from the entrepreneurial and small business community provide insight into legal, management, accounting, financing and marketing issues. Both early stage and existing small businesses and entrepreneurial firms benefit from the hands-on, interactive sessions that provide practical tools to prepare a useful business plan that can be immediately applied to your business venture. Learn it tonight and apply it tomorrow!
During E-Seed Express you will
- Reconnect with why you started this small business in the first place
- Plan for success via the creation of a business plan for your small business
- Identify your life and business’ short and long-term goals
- Network with other small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Meet small business experts and professionals
- Learn how to manage risk
- Develop marketing strategies and tactics for your small business
- Attend weekly labs where you can interact with guest speakers, subject matter experts and professionals
- Learn about financing available for your small business, including: SBA Loan Guarantees, angel and venture-capital financing, working with banks and credit unions and micro-credit
- And much, much more!
Contact us for more information on E-Seed Express
Do any of these sound familiar to you?
- I’m working way too much and I own the business
- I don’t have the experience or knowledge in certain areas of business ownership that I need as an owner
- I don’t know if I’m losing money or not
- I’m doing everything in my business
- I’m not planning for anything; I’m just trying to get through the day
- We have no processes in place
- How do I set up HR, Financials, Marketing, Vision and Strategy
Small businesses are not started by entrepreneurs. They are started by technicians who understand the technical work but very little about building and running a business.
Are you thinking that you need help? That you need counsel? Would you like help thinking strategically about your business? Would you like help in asking the right questions along with the insight and ability to help you with your business? If the answer is yes and any of the above points sound familiar to you then there is a solution. Pro-Seed Venture Advantage!
Pro-Seed provides insight to business owners on targeted problem areas. Participants identify and create improvement systems through tools, technology and expert insight.
You’ll look at your business with a different perspective and identify and create the systems your business needs to thrive. Pro-Seed provides the tools, technology and insight so you can transform the way you do business.
You will learn about
- Why you need to be working on your business NOT in your business
- Business development and management skills
- Attracting and retaining your customers
- Leading others – how to develop systems in your business
- How to create a business that works for you, not a job for yourself
- How to decrease expenses and identify and rid your business of waste
- How to increase sales and profits
- And much, much more…
Taking Care of Business: Read Pro-Seed Success Story
Oberstadt Landscapes: Jerry Oberstadt
Contact us for more information on Pro-Seed
As a solopreneur, owner of a microenterprise, small business owner or entrepreneur we know you are looking for outcomes and solutions that will affect your life. We have learned you are action-oriented and want to “do”. Theory alone does not provide the kind of learning experience desired. Business owners and entrepreneurs prefer practical, condensed training sessions where you can learn the art of business and prepare yourself to work through the various stages of business growth and development. You demand solutions you can learn today and use tomorrow to create, develop and strengthen your business!
The Venture Center meets your needs by providing a practical, hands-on, common sense approach to developing your small business—whether just starting out or ready to grow.
We offer one-on-one small business instruction and coaching as well as small group training in these areas:
- Business and Marketing Planning
- Sales Execution
- Financial Management
- HR: Attracting, Training and Retaining Employees
- Leadership & Communication
We know how easy it is to get caught up working in your business rather than on your business. Contact the FVTC Venture Center today for affordable solutions that have an impact and drive results.
Education and training is a critical key to success in business. Whether you want in-depth small business and entrepreneurial training or just need a short refresher we have relevant, interactive, small business and entrepreneur-focused seminars and workshops available throughout the year. Topics including marketing and business planning, financial management and cash flow, talent management, innovation and sales are the most popular.
We have the best small business and entrepreneurial instructors and presenters available. They are all are current and past successful small business owners who are passionate about helping you and committed to your success. They have the education, experience, savvy and communication skills to educate and uplift you.
All of our seminars and workshops are affordable, too. You receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for attendance. Sessions are held throughout the region in our world-class training facilities. Locations provide convenient, safe, free parking. Session fees can include instruction, materials, refreshments and more.
Learn more about these affordable, practical, effective, small business and entrepreneurship workshops! See all small business and entrepreneurship seminars.
Each business is unique and that's why our experts at the Venture Center can help you with one-on-one business coaching, customized training and technical assistance in a fee-based arrangement. Services are designed to meet your needs, your employees' schedules and drive real results.
From a one-hour session to a series of day long sessions or longer term coaching agreements, the Venture Center delivers training on topics including but not limited to:
- Small Business Start-up
- Small Business Growth and Expansion
- Marketing: Research & Analysis, Market identification, Strategy and Tactics
- Money: Accessing Financing, Cash Flow, Budgeting
- Client Fulfillment
- Human Resources
Our staff members have skill sets in the following areas:
- Small Business Start-Up
- Small Business Operations
- Competitive Intelligence
- Deal structuring
- Accessing capital
- Business Administration and Finance
- Computer Technology
- Customer Service
- Human Resources & Workplace Issues
- Manufacturing Skills and Processes
- Organizational Performance